About the Aftercare Guides
These guides contain step by step instructions on the best way to take care of your piercings. They recommend things to avoid and have tips for safe, happy, healing!
They contain advice from professional piercers and reflect the current attitudes of the industry as a whole, including organisations such as the APP and BME. Below is a list of common piercing names and which aftercare guide suits them best.
- Lobe Piercings: Piercings on the fleshy part of the ear.
- Upper Ear Piercings: Helix (‘Ear Rim’), Auricle and Industrial.
- Inner Ear Piercings: Rook, Daith, Tragus, Snug, Conch and Orbital
- Nose Piercings: Septum and Nostril.
- Brow Piercings: Eyebrow and Anti-Eyebrow, Teardrop, Bridge.
- Lip Piercings: Labret, Snakebites, Angelbites, Monroe, Medusa, Madonna, Delilah, Jestrum, Horizontal, Vertical, Ashley, Dolphinbites, Cyberbites.
- Cheek Piercings: Dimple piercings.
- Mouth Web Piercings: Tongue web, Smiley and Frowny.
- Tongue Piercings: Central Tongue, Venom bites, Viper bites, Snake-eyes.
- Nipple Piercings: Piercings through the (male or female) nipple.
- Navel Piercings: (Belly) Standard navel, Reverse navel, Horizontal navel.
- Surface Piercings: Anywhere on the body. Common placements include: Wrist, Nape, Hips and Chest.
- Surface Anchor Piercings: Skin Divers and Microdermals. Common placements include: Chest, Anti-eyebrow and Wrist.