Male Inner Genital Piercing Aftercare.
It is recommended that you don’t change, twist or fiddle with the jewellery for 6 weeks (Prince Albert, Dolphin) or 6 months (Ampallang, Apadravya). Your piercing may feel healed sooner than this but it wont truly be 100% and is likely to be easily damaged.
- Only use pure sterile saline to clean your piercing with.
- Make sure your hands thoroughly clean.
- Then slowly pour the saline over your piercing.
- Clean thoroughly around the front and back of the piercing with a piece of sterile gauze soaked in the solution.
- Dry the piercing thoroughly on a dry piece of sterile gauze.
- Check the balls on your jewellery are on nice and tight.
- Clean your piercing twice a day for the first 10-12 days.
- After this, soak when the piercing feels sore or has a crust on the jewellery.
- This piercing is prone to light bleeding.
- Urine is sterile and poses no threat, but harmful bacteria does exist around the anus.
- Avoid exchanging body fluids (unprotected oral and penetrative sex).
- Protected sex should be taken slowly and carefully.
- Sex toys should be cleaned and covered with a condom.
- You will see a light yellow or white discharge (which hardens to a crust on the jewellery) throughout healing. This is normal wound fluid and is not pus.
- Do not use: any kind of alcohol or peroxide agents, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiseptic agents or any kind of cream on the piercing.
- After the first two weeks if your piercing gets upset consider using a warm chamomile tea bag as a compress or as a bath.
- When you’re in the shower wash the piercing with a natural, gentle, soap.
- Try taking a multivitamin that contains zinc, iron, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Avoid swimming for at least the first two weeks. Following this, salt soak your piercing after swimming.